Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome to the Dark Side....

MWAAHHAHHAHAAHHAHA.....


Well. Not really.  It's just that I always considered being a SAHM (this means "Stay at home mom" for those of you who don't know the lingo.  Stick with me kid, I'll teach you what you need to know and fill you in on stuff you will probably wish you never heard...) something of a laughable task.

NOT that being a SAHM is an easy job, I meant laughable that *I* would ever be caught doing it. No way Jose.  Uh uh.  No siree bob.  I go to work and get to get AWAY from home for a few hours.  Everything 50/50 down the middle, housework, bills, kids, etc.

 Yea, that was when I was younger and had something to prove. I wanted to prove I COULD be a career mom, a housewife, a laundress, a chauffer, a nurse, AND STILL VOLUNTEER at the school!
I had a healthy social life, a lot of friends, a job, two great kids, what on earth would I be wanting to stay home for?

Fast forward a decade.  A new relationship and new relationship dynamics with my kids now that they're older.  I'm due to have a baby again in about a month and J-man and I have concluded that I cannot afford to work and pay daycare. It's not only impractical, but nearly impossible.
For the first time in my life, I'm looking forward to staying home. Keeping my house together, seeing my kids more than for dinner and bed time.  Being able to network with other moms. I don't relish the idea of climbing the corporate ladder for at least a couple years.

This doesn't mean forever, at least it's not intended to at the moment. I will more than likely return to the workforce after Baby Girl is a bit older and able to attend a preschool. At least that's the plan right now.

So - because of that, I invite you to join me on my journey of being a newly christened SAHM and share my family's adventures in late parenting, teens, tweens, relationships, cloth diapers, and money saving tricks and tips I've learned (and will learn).

Yea. I'm the princess.  (not really)
Thanks for popping by!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Adsense