I have NO resolutions.
- I will NOT resolve to lose X lbs. by X date.
- I will NOT resolve to have [crazywonderful] job by this time next year.
- I will NOT resolve to make better choices
- I will NOT resolve to go the gym 3 times a week.
- I will NOT resolve to be more patient with my relatives.
- I will NOT resolve to be more organized.
So no, I will NOT be resolving to do anything for the rest of the year.
What I will do is each day get up and do my best. Each day will be Day One. Each day will be a new day to try and get it right. Maybe put a new practice into motion. Maybe Day One of exercise. Maybe Day One of eating healthier. OR, maybe Day One of being good to myself and not stressing out about society's images.
I will wake each day and live my life, this I know will happen. I know I'll keep striving to be a better person, this is what I do and have done always so I know this will continue. I really believe that's all we can do.
But I won't be making any promises that I can't know if I'll be able to keep, least of all to myself. I don't know if I can exercise every day. If I can't make a day I and I've "resolved" to, I'll feel guilty and like a failure. I just will do my best.
Good or bad, promising or not - I will do each day like a Day One.
Maybe I'll make it to Day Two eventually, but I'm not making any promises.
Happy New Year!